Open Source Foundation
At Blueline Learning, we recognise that Open Source Investigation takes many forms. Just looking on Facebook at one of your friends profiles is using Open Source information in one of the simplest ways. In the Policing or investigation environment, Open Source Investigation is usually carried out by a small number of dedicated officers. However, we recognise that all police officers and front line police staff would benefit from being able to carry out simple Open Source Investigation as part of their everyday work activities, such as;
- Taking a report of a missing person and being able to search their social media accounts to obtain clues of their whereabouts
- Searching the internet to find witnesses or information about a local crime or incident
- Gaining a clear understanding of what is going on in their community by using the tools within social media
The course covers:
- Benefits and drawbacks of open source research
- Considerations about how to conduct research
- Google Search
- Google Advanced Search
- Meta Search Engines and Web Directories
- How to use Facebook and Twitter as effective search tools
- What to do with information or evidence you may come across
Course Delivery - Online - coming soon
This course is delivered fully online through our learning management system. Once enrolled, you will receive your own log-in details and then be able to progress through the units at your own pace. The course is fully video-led and direct and to the point. You will be able to start using the skills you achieve immediately. All you need to get started is an internet connection and a set of headphones and you will be up and running, safely conducting basic online research straight away.
Coming soon - from £10 per delegate.
Bespoke courses available on request.
For more information or to book your training call 0203 150 0891 or click on the link below